In the week leading up to Remembrance day on the 11th November the Falkirk Foundation are proud to sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant
The Falkirk Football Community Foundation will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
• no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and
commercial services compared to any other citizen
• in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our
business and to our country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
• Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
• Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in
our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to
support the employment of Service leavers;
• Service Spouses & Partners: supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners;
partnering with the Forces Families Jobs Forum; and providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
• Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional
paid/unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists;
• Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local
military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
• National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
• Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff
who volunteer to assist;
• Commercial Support: offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces community;