Location: The Falkirk Stadium, 6 Stadium Way, Falkirk FK2 9EE
Reports to: Business Operations Manager
Hours: Full-time (35 Hours per week)
Evening and weekend work will also be required
Benefits: 25 days annual holiday plus 9 public holidays & 4% pension contribution
About Falkirk Foundation
Falkirk Foundation was established as a registered charity in September 2010 and aims to help our community succeed and live happier, healthier lives.
Our values –
- Welcoming – To everyone, always
- Honest – About what we do and the way we do it
- Ambitious – In our drive to succeed
- Passionate – About what we do and responsible in how we do it
Our four main themes from our 2022-25 Strategy Document
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Education and Employability
- Physical Health and Wellbeing
- Football Activity
At Falkirk Foundation we deliver innovative and diverse social community programmes, using the power of football and physical activity to increase confidence and self-esteem, improve health and wellbeing and increase employability and life skills of young people and adults throughout Forth Valley.
Falkirk Foundation is an accredited SQA Delivery/Assessment Centre and a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Falkirk Foundation operates an SQA Approved Learning Centre, which is externally audited annually. Falkirk Foundation is a core partner of the biggest football club in the area, is well located and has been delivering employability and educational courses for the last decade.
Community coaching – We offer a range of established community football courses for hundreds of players of all ages and abilities. These include sessions for local nurseries, the mini-bairns programme, holiday camps, after-school clubs, disability & mental health activity programmes, and community teams.
Growth and development – The Foundation’s programmes have grown over the past 4 years increasing participation numbers, expanding our Health & Wellbeing programmes, and continuing to grow our learning & education programmes as well as investing in capital assets.
Facility Management – The Foundation built a new artificial pitch at the stadium and has also established a successful a social enterprise partnership with nearby Comely Park School to manage its football pitch and adjacent Woodlands Sports Hall to the benefit of the school and the surrounding community.
This role will be pivotal to the ongoing success of a high-level community organisation and must be able to deal competently and professionally with all requirements. You will report directly to the Business Operations Manager and have operational responsibility for co-ordinating community football education programmes.
- You will create, innovate, and design new programmes and content for our coaching programmes.
- You will organise and deliver sessions in schools that take place pre-school, lunch time and after-school.
- You will assist students on a 1-2-1 basis during class time.
- You will set and monitor coaches to ensure the success and quality assurance of courses offered by the organisation.
- You will ensure the delivery of all programmes is linked to the Falkirk Foundation strategy document.
- You will assist the Physical Activities & Wellbeing Officer and Programmes Officer in the delivery of our education programmes.
- You will help to grow the business by cultivating successful and enduring partnerships with external organisations that we work in partnership with to deliver our programmes
- You will work in partnership with the Business Operations Manager to develop and secure new business.
- Ensure the effective delivery of football sessions in the local schools and ensure all children are safe, engaged and having fun.
- Promote the belief and ethos of the Foundation to all stakeholders, representing the Foundation internally & externally.
- Cultivate successful and enduring partnerships with external organisations (Forth Valley College, Falkirk Council schools, Falkirk Football Club etc.).
- Responsibility for administrative processes and procedures for school programmes.
- Oversight of programme budget in conjunction with Business Operations Manager.
- Be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive environment in which to motivate and encourage high performance.
- Provide education and support to all participants as well as physical and mental wellbeing.
- Any other duties as directed by the Business Operations Manager
These job details reflect the main responsibilities of the job now, and these will evolve over time to include other tasks and responsibilities as Falkirk Foundation continues to grow and develop.
- Experience as coach/community education or youth worker or equivalent
- Service/course delivery to young people and/or adults
- Co-ordinating and motivation of staff
- Oversight/coordination of budgets
- Experience of working with children of all ages
- Experience of working in the Charity sector
- Experience of dealing with individuals/groups with Additional Support Needs
- Co-ordinating and motivation of staff
- Experience of dealing with individuals/groups coming from disadvantaged backgrounds
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree/equivalent qualification OR significant relevant experience in a similar role.
- SFA Coaching Qualifications
Skills, abilities & Knowledge
- Ability to create and develop new and engaging sessions and learning materials
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to motivate others
- Takes personal responsibility for solving problems and issues.
- Tackles underperformance in people and services
- Identifies scope for improvement
- Displays enthusiasm and commitment for providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to foster excellent working relationships with line managers, employees, and partners
- Excellent communication skills with a diverse range of audiences
- Ability to prioritise workloads and deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
- Knowledge of school’s system
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm while working in a busy, sometimes pressurised environment
- Dedication and tenacity to follow work through from beginning to the end of issues and projects
- The ability to organise and be self-motivated
- Approachable with a flexible and positive attitude
- Must have clean UK driving licence and access to a car for business purposes
Employment is conditional on the successful applicant undergoing reference and PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) checks, plus successful completion of a 3-month probation period.
Falkirk Foundation welcome all applications from those interested and that can demonstrate the necessary skills and experience outlined above. Please submit a cover letter and C.V. to the Business Operations Manager, Chris Gunn at email@example.com
The closing date is Monday the 18th of September with interviews will taking place the week beginning Monday 25th of September.
If you would like any further information on the job role, please contact Chris Gunn on 07563 419920.