Title: Football Development Officer
Location: The Falkirk Stadium, 6 Stadium Way, Falkirk FK2 9EE
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual holiday plus 9 public holidays & 4% pension contribution
About Falkirk Foundation
Falkirk Foundation was established as a registered charity in September 2010 and aims to help our community succeed and live happier, healthier lives.
Welcoming – To everyone, always
Honest – About what we do and the way we do it
Ambitious – In our drive to succeed
Passionate – About what we do and responsible in how we do it
At Falkirk Foundation we deliver innovative and diverse social community programmes, using the power of football and physical activity to increase confidence and self-esteem, improve health and wellbeing and increase employability and life skills of young people and adults throughout Forth Valley. Falkirk Foundation is an accredited SQA Delivery/Assessment Centre and a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Falkirk Foundation operates an SQA Approved Learning Centre, which is externally audited annually. Falkirk Foundation is a core partner of the biggest football club in the area, is well located and has been delivering employability and educational courses for the last decade.
Community coaching – We offer a range of established community football courses for hundreds of players of all ages and abilities. These include sessions for local nurseries, the mini-bairns programme, holiday camps, after schools clubs, disability & mental health activity programmes and community teams.
Growth and development – The Foundation’s programmes have grown substantially over the past 4 years increasing participation numbers, expanding our Health & Wellbeing programmes and continuing to grow our learning & education programmes as well as investing in capital assets.
Facility Management – The Foundation built a new artificial pitch at the stadium and has also established a successful a social enterprise partnership with nearby Comely Park school to manage its football pitch and adjacent Woodlands Sports Hall to the benefit of the school and the surrounding community.
This role will be pivotal to the ongoing success of a high level community organisation and must be able to deal competently and professionally with all requirements. You will report directly to the Business Operations Manager and have operational responsibility for leading the girls/womens pathway, co-ordinating Falkirk Foundation Community Programmes and other delegated programmes. The work pattern is working five days from seven per week that include mostly evenings and weekends.
- Develop and drive the development of the girls and women’s pathway.
- Develop and drive the development of the Community programmes.
- Act as lead for the organisation and administration of the girls and women’s pathway.
- Develop, increase participation and act as lead for the organisation and administration of the Community Programmes including Junior Academy, Mini Bairns, Baby Bairns, Development Team and Goalkeepers.
- Mentor and develop the coach workforce through role as line manager to ensure consistency of approach across all programmes.
- You will help to grow the business by cultivating successful and enduring community programmes that are high in quality and enjoyable for those taking part.
- Lead a team of coaches during the holiday camp period to ensure high quality, consistent delivery.
- Delivery and development of girls and women’s pathway.
- Ensure that all teams are operating efficiently and to capacity and training structure & content, is delivered to a standard of quality and professionalism.
- Delivery and development of Community programmes.
- Ensure that all community programmes are operating efficiently and to capacity and training structure & content, is delivered to a standard of quality and professionalism.
- Mentoring coaches to ensure that they are delivering to a high standard across all programmes.
- Promote the belief and ethos of the Foundation to all stakeholders, representing the Foundation internally & externally.
- Responsibility for ensuring strategic outcomes are met per programme, through referenced KPI’s.
- Work closely with Media & Communications Officer to ensure programmes are reported on and promoted appropriately to ensure income targets are reached.
- Oversight of programme budget in conjunction with Business Operations Manager.
- Be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive environment in which to motivate and encourage high performance.
- Point of contact for parents in all programmes to discuss the needs of the participants.
These job details reflect the main responsibilities of the job now, and these will evolve over time to include other tasks and responsibilities as Falkirk Foundation continues to grow and develop.
Employment is conditional on the successful applicant undergoing reference and PVG checks, plus successful completion of a 3-month probation period.
Falkirk Foundation welcome all applications from those interested that can demonstrate the necessary skills and experience outlined above.
Please email a tailored CV and cover letter outlining your suitability to our Business Operations Manager, Chris Gunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Wednesday 28th September with interviews taking place on Thursday 6th/Friday 7th of October. If you are successful in being selected for interview you will be contacted on Monday 3rd October. Interviews will be standard interview questions along with a presentation.
If you would like any further information regarding the post, please contact Chris Gunn on 07563 419920.